- Ease epileptic seizures – studies have shown that the use of cannabidiol, a compound found in marijuana can help reduce the prevalence of seizures.
- Combat pain – this one of the benefits that many people associate with medical marijuana. Evidence suggests that medical marijuana can ease pain especially those suffering from chronic ailments.
- Decreases Dravet’s Syndrome effects – cannabidiol has also been documented to reduce the effects of Dravet’s Symptoms, a condition which is prevalent among children and is caused by prolonged seizures.
- Anxiety and depression – Many people with anxiety have praised medical marijuana for the reduction of their anxiety, panic attacks and depression.
- Lessen the progression of Alzheimer’s disease – a study carried out by Kim Janda revealed that there was a possibility to reduce development rate of Alzheimer’s disease by use of THC, a compound found in marijuana.
- Uncertainty – there is an uncertainty regarding the use of medical marijuana since research towards it is still in its early stages. People against medical marijuana fear that there may be negative effects that are still to be discovered.
- Addiction – It has been established that the use of marijuana might lead to dependency.